Blog :: 11-2016
The Signature Team has organized a food drive to fight hunger in Chittenden County this holiday season!
It's that time of year again, when we gather with friends and family to celebrate Thanksgiving and count all of our blessings. This year, the Signature Team wanted to share one of our favorite recipes with you. We hope you enjoy it!
Cranberry Baked Brie - the perfect Thanksgiving appetizer!
- 8-ounce round brie cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- honey to drizzle
- Fresh rosemary, to garnish
1. Preheat oven to 425. Peel or slice off the top rind of the brie and scrape out a small amount of cheese to form a shallow hollow in the center. Place the cheese in a small baking dish like a pie pan. (If you plan on transferring the cheese to a serving dish after it's baked, line the pie pan with a square of parchment paper.)
2. In a medium saucepan, bring 2 cups of water and white sugar to a boil.
3. Add cranberries, vanilla extract, orange zest, ginger, nutmeg and brown sugar. Simmer until cranberries have popped. The smell will be fabulous!
4. Spoon the cranberry mixture on top of the brie.
5. Bake 8-12 minutes. Transfer carefully to a serving plate, drizzle honey and use rosemary to garnish.