The colors are changing and with an unseasonably warm weekend ahead, there's no better time than to explore our beautiful state!
Looking for something to do? Check out these upcoming events!
1. Old Fashioned Harvest Market: Rt. 15 Underhill: September 27th - 28th: Annual Old Fashioned Harvest Market is centered at the United Church of Underhill. This family-oriented community fair features 2 days of entertainment, food & fun, with an opening parade, over 100 crafters, LOTS of great food, kids activities, & music. Many great kids activities, including:
- PARADE - Saturday at 9:00 down River Road
- ZUCCHINI CONTEST-Longest, heaviest, best decorated!
- PET SHOW-Children under 12 are encouraged to bring their favorite pet to show off.
- OLD-FASHIONED GAMES such as stilt walking, bobbing for apples, ring toss, penny pitch, hoops, nail drive, & a dunking booth.
- SAW DUST CANDY SCRAMBLE - This popular fast-paced event is broken down into the following groups to make sure all ages have a fair shot at finding plenty of pieces of candy in the big sawdust pile: preschool & 1st grade; 2nd & 3rd grade; 4th & 5th grade; 6th & 7th grade; and 8th grade plus anyone who missed their slot.
- ORGANIZED EVENTS such as Hoop races, sack races, a three-legged race, wheelbarrow races, and a water balloon toss will run from 1-3 on both days.
2. Fall Fun at Adams Farm Market & Orchard: 986 Old Stage Rd. Williston:
September 27 & 28 Hands on Activities
- Try your hand at cider making, create your own picturesque family photo-op. We will have the materials and props...you bring the fun and smiles!
October 4 & 5th Petting Zoo
- Hannah Smith, from Vinegar Ridge Farm will be returning with her wonderful assortment of Vermont Farm Animals for you to visit.
3. Giant Pumpkin Weigh in at Sam Mazza's: 277 Lavigne Rd. Colchester: September 27th:
- Bring the whole family to watch giant pumpkins battle for the heavy weight title. Take a Hayride to the Pumpkin Patch or Get Lost in the Corn Maze while you're here. Enjoy lunch with Pizza Papillo and an apple cider donut or treat from the Bakery.
4. Vermont Pumpkin Chuckin' Festival: 1746 Mountain Rd. Stowe: September 28th:
- It is again time to get your pumpkin chuckin' trebuchet (gravity powered catapult) ready for the Annual Vermont Pumpkin Chuckin' (VTPC) Festival at the Stoweflake Resort and Spa in Stowe, Vermont. The VTPC Festival is a fun, family event sponsored by the Stoweflake Resort and Spa and other local sponsors.The event benefits the Lamoille Family Center, which has a thirty-eight year history of supporting Lamoille Valley families through early care, and educational services, home visiting, parent education, playgrounds, child care resource and referral, youth services, and emergency assistance. The event gives kids and adults a chance to build something with their hands and compete; a cross between a shot put contest and a Soap Box Derby. Along with the pumpkin chuckin' contest comes music, children's activities, a bounce house, chili cook-off, and great food; all creating an enjoyable fall day. Music for this year's festival will again be provided by three bands; House Dunn, Ball Hammock and the duo Jen and John, which will be performing periodically from 11am to 4pm.
- 1st round: 12:30 pm
- 2nd round: 1:30 pm
- 3rd round: 2:30 pm
- awards shortly after the last round
- Music: 11 am - 4 pm (with occasional breaks)
5. Pie Fest & Cider House Run at Shelburne Orchards: 216 Orchard Rd. Shelburne: September 28th:
- Start the day with a run through the orchard. Then you can enter, enjoy, or eat the homemade apple pies in the Pie Fest!The Cider House Run/Walk (2 or 4 mile run or a 2 mile walk) begins at 11:00 a.m. Cost is $25 for anyone over 12 (includes a $5 Pick Your Own apples coupon). Kids under 12 are asked to pay $8 for the coupon. Please pre-register.The Pie Fest consists of 3 local judges taste-testing 30 double crusted apple pies. You MUST register prior to the contest by contacting Megan at 864-7528 or firstname.lastname@example.org because entry slots are limited to 30 and fill up quickly. Once registered, you MUST arrive PRIOR TO 11:30 or you will forfeit your spot!!!
- Judges then use their finely tuned palates to discover the winners among pies.
- First Place walks away with $200 cash.
6. Stowe Oktoberfest: 331 West Shaw Hill Stowe: October 3-5:
- Held in Stowe's Jackson's Area, the Annual Oktoberfest is a Bavarian festival that has fun for all ages. From oompah bands to authentic German foods, pumpkin and face painting and even a kinderplatz for kids with a Jumping house and face painting.Grand Parade
- Saturday at 10:00am
- Mountain Rd. & Main St. Stowe
Join celebrity grand marshals and special guests at the Grand Parade to officially open Oktoberfest 2012. The parade will include marching bands, floats representing local clubs, organizations and companies, dignitaries, classic cars and a few surprises.
Click for $1 off coupon here on the website.
7. Sam Mazza's Harvest Festival: 277 Lavigne Rd. Colchester: October 4th and 12th:
- When the leaves start turning everyone at Mazza's celebrates fall and the wonderful experiences that this season brings by holding their annual Fall Festival. It is a great family experience. The festival offers lots of on-grounds entertainment. The children can enjoy pony rides, a petting zoo, a hay ride down to the pumpkin patch, the corn maze and many craft and entertainment activities held under the tent.
8. Harvest Celebration at City Market: 250 Main St. Burlington: October 5th:
- Head to City Market to sample some of Vermont's finest products. They will have lots of delicious delights available to taste. There will be prize giveaways, face painting, henna art, Sudzy Putty, live music, and more! It is fun for the entire family.
9. Rocktoberfest at Basin Harbor Club: 4800 Basin Harbor Rd. Vergennes: October 19th:
- Rocktoberfest at Basin Harbor Club - a Bacon & Beer Festival that is family Friendly.
Live Music Schedule
- 5:45-6:15 Rehab Roadhouse
- 6:30-7:15 Rumblecat
- 7:30-8:20 Red Hot Juba
- 8:30-9:30 Funk Wagon
Mouthwatering foods, specialty bacon items -Think Bacon Tater Tots, Maple Glazed Bacon Wrapped Chicken. Bacon Caramel Corn, Maple Bacon Cheesecake Pops, Banana Bacon PB Whoopie Pie. Plus classics like burgers and sausages, maple cotton candy, hot soups, carmel apples and more.
Kids activities from 3:00 - 7:00: dux the balloon guy, joeys jumpys. facepainting.
Beer and Wine Tent with Magic Hat, Woodchuck Cider and specialty cocktails with Whistle Pig (visit the Whistle Pig Pigs)
Bonfire at Dusk
Check HERE for foliage reports from across the state: