Whether you're an old hat at buying homes, or you're just starting the process, you've probably wondered at some point what an real estate agent could do for you. Of course, part of an agents job is to answer questions for you, but there is so much more to it than that. A seasoned professional will take the guesswork out of the process and the stress off of your shoulders.
When you work with Signature Properties, you can expect a higher level of personalized service.
Here are some of the many services we offer our home buyers:
- First off, a buyers agent will ask if you've been pre-qualified by a mortgage lender and what amount you are pre-approved to borrow. If you have not yet been pre-approved, an agent will be able to explain the process and point you in the right direction. See Why you need a pre-approval letter for more in depth information.
- Listening to your wants and needs, we will work to find the best matches currently on the market in your desired location and in your price range. A knowledgeable agent will be able to provide details on any property that you are interested in, or be willing to communicate with the listing agent to find out any information that is not readily available.
- Provide you honest feedback on homes that may seem appealing, but could pose potential problems (such as diminishing resale value).
- A buyers agent will help you place an informed offer and negotiate with the seller until you both agree to terms you are comfortable with, or advise you how to proceed if the deal does not come together. This is the time to ask your agent for perspective, as they've worked through hundreds (if not thousands) of contracts.
- You should expect advice when it comes to working with your mortgage lender and how the process will work.
- Your agent will be a liaison between you, the sellers, your attorney and your mortgage lender. They will be responsible for sharing the contract and any attached documents, as well as coordinating any necessary meetings and, when the time comes, your closing.
- You can expect your agent to assist in coordinating inspections and any testing on the property that may be needed. They will review the results of the tests and interpret them for you. If necessary, they will work with you to create a list of items that need to be corrected in order to keep the deal on track, and deliver that to the seller's agent.
- If there are documents, such as those from a Home Owners Association, your agent will review them and explain any important points to you.
- When the time comes, your agent will explain all closing documents, the amount you will need at closing and how the process works. Coordinating the closing is one of the biggest tasks of any transaction, and a well qualified agent will make sure that you are in the loop and under the least amount of stress possible.
- Possibly most importantly, a buyers agent will make themselves available to you at any time to answer questions, concerns and provide advice. They will work as your advocate to ensure you receive the best deal possible and make your transition into your new home as easy as can be.
Are you interested in buying a home? Please give one of our Signature Agents a call - we are more than happy to answer any and all questions, or just point you in the right direction!